Here are some posts from the last year on living a simple life and saving money.
1. Start by taking an honest look at your spending.
“Money, money, money” – my basic thoughts on spending.
“America’s Cheapest Family” – how the Economides family saves money (yes, that is their real name!)
2. See if you can cut down on your grocery bill; it’s a considerable part of everyone’s spending.
“Cut Your Grocery Bill In Half” – how the Economides family seriously trims their food expenses. Picking even some of their strategies will save you money!
3. Get rid of some of your “stuff” that’s just taking up space. You’ll be amazed at how much bigger your living space feels!
“The Joy Of Less”
“All You Need Is Less”
4. Try making your own laundry soap, especially if you find that the perfumes in store-bought soap makes you rashy. There are dozens of recipes out there on the internet. This is just one that I happen to like:
5. Try altering clothes you already own instead of buying new ones.
This is just a start. Look around you for ways to simplify your life, and stretch those dollars!